Friday, September 12, 2008

Today’s a good day! (most parts 'nyways)

“Today’s a good day!”

Wow. It’s been a while since I exclaimed that phrase… *Ru smiles*

The day began with a big ol’ smile and the sun was happily shining down on me in the morning… Oh and my Kitchen Operations exam just made it a whole lot more ‘sparkly’! Thing is, I actually bothered to study (gosh Ru!) the night before …and then this morning, Mr Colin greeted us with a grin. He saw us doing a li’l revision before the exam—he smirked then decided to have a little chat with us.

Mr Colin: So did you guys get enough sleep yesterday night? *grins*

(Few said yes, few said no… few lied! [ahaha])

Mr Colin: What time did you sleep? (Directing it to those who said “No.”)

June: 5 o’clock! (i.e.: 5 am)

Mr Colin: Wha…? *scare-chased June with his hand ready to spank her*

June: *Siam-ed his hand ‘til she fell out of her chair* Eehhhh, no no!!

Mr Colin: Why study until like that?

(Most of us just smile and grin back.)

Mr Colin: Don’t worry laa, the exam is sooooo easy you are so gonna wished the time you used to study was used to sleep instead. *evil smirk*

Those who DID study: Harrr??? Really arr? But… But… we studied eh!

Supporters: An nor!! An nor!! We studied eh!


**Siam = ‘dodge’ in Hokkien, btw.


And, yes, indeed, he didn’t deceive us or nything… the paper was really that ‘painless’. TWO hours were allocated for the exam and I handed my paper in half an hour later. Teehee. On a whole, I’d say, “Good job, Ru!” …Maybe it’s partly because I studied for it or some some. You can say that some of us might have OVER-studied for the test even. (Either that, or we overestimated Mr Colin’s standard for our Mid Term paper! It is, after all, only a Mid-Term-Paper.) Ah well…


After the exam, we went for lunch together, having ‘pan mee’ and ‘shuit cha’ in conjunction with our mini-celebration of post-exams joy! (Huhuhu…)


And today, for Kitchen class, June and I have been assigned to cook “Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce”. I know, I know… the name of the dish doesn’t sound appetizing. Well, take it from me, the name of the dish doesn’t do the actual dish justice. Muahahaha… Because it was yummilicious baybeh! Just mm mmm good… (Oh but sorry babes, I don't got 'ny photos to help illustrate my description.)


After class, daddy came to pick me up but I drove home. It was fun, as usual. But I just wish that one day, one fine day… daddy will let me drive alone, to and fro college. =( But then again, having to drive to and fro AND not have to pay for parking and/or worry ‘bout the car is a pretty good deal, wouldn’t you agree? So I think I’mma gonna just leave things the way they are right now. Teehee.


(Okay, I just came back from dinner and am gonna continue to blog the remainder now.)

*Aisey, all was going on so well laa …UNTIL dinner!!*


The only 'downlight' (if there is even such a word) of the day was that I made a boo boo on the road in the evening after dinner which sorta landed me in a state of shock (for awhile) plus daddy’s loud panicked voice in my left ear… that caused me to almost collide with 3 cars in a short span of 2 minutes covering 2 junctions! I had it all under control, I really did. But daddy made me so friggin’ panicky and I became all jittery and stuff… Gawd! Really, it was just a messed up 3 minutes of my life. Ahh well, but we all know how Dads can get sometimes... I still love him very much! =] 'Kay, dowanna talk ‘bout it ‘nymore. We all learn. (And) I certainly did.


Oh and another thing I discovered today… I am (apparently) a ”reckless” driver. Yikes!


P/S: I am still smiling. Lalala… Call me batty —idc!

Cheers!

No comments: