Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A fragile thing called 'L-I-F-E'...

I now realize that life is a fragile thing and that anyone can be robbed of it, you and me included! I have to admit that it’s a tad bit scary when I think about the fact that any of my loved ones can be stolen from me on any day at any time without warning. So yes, I am going to appreciate the time and opportunities I have with my friends and family and not take them for granted and share my joy and laughter with them and mould and crave happy moments with them and make them smile and laugh and last but definitely not least TELL THEM JUST HOW OH SO VERY MUCH I LOVE THEM (while they are still alive and kicking)!


Keep in mind that conveying one’s love can be expressed and received in oh so many ways. Just because your mother doesn’t verbally tell you that she loves you every single friggin’ day doesn’t mean that she doesn’t love you (anymore) or that she loves you less compared to yesterday — in my case, it’s all spelled out in the things she does for me. Actions not only speak louder than words but it is also more powerful in delivering the message. Then again, the feeling of being loved is perceived differently by each and everyone. For some, saying it IS sufficient. For others, MORE than just saying it is required to feel that they are giving love and being loved in return.


We need not wait for our loved ones to be stolen from us before we realize it’s a little too late for us to tell them that we loved them. So go… Tell the ones you love that you love them today… for there might not be a tomorrow! Let your loved ones know that they are being appreciated and make sure you mean what you say when you say it!

No comments: