Thursday, December 20, 2007

LRT Seats...

...offending for middle age people to be offered one?

Okay, so I was in the LRT the other day and I was timely enough to be given a seat on the train. But just as my buttocks were warming up the seat the train arrived at the following station and wahh so many people started rushing in! And the next thing you know you’re scanning around for a ‘perfect candidate’ to kindly give your seat to. So after a quick scan around the LRT… “Oh, no popo, kongkong, preggy lady or disabled person in sight… O-kay…”


Then tiba at the next station liao, I notice larr that there was this lady standing somewhere near me (okay honestly she did look a li’l haggard to me larr ‘kay) and I was about to offer her my seat but then she didn’t seem that old lorr and like it’d be really offensive if I offered her my seat (when padahal she’s younger than some of the people standing near her) and like what if she throws a fit in the train accusing me of calling her old? Plus, I was still like 7 stations away from my stop. So I was like, “Okay larr Ru, leave her be larr… She’s a grown woman… She can hint for a seat if she ever needed one.”

So my bum was still plunked on the LRT seat but moments later my conscience started talking to me again… Imagine if she was really as old as she looked and no freaking body bothered to give her a seat and she’s like all spaghetti-legged now and I (the youngest person sitting in that row of seats) was ignoring the needs of an ‘elderly’ and needy person on board. Some more the “Utamakan warga emas, ibu mengandung, golongan kurang berupaya, etc.” sign was plastered big big behind me! Argh… [Seriously, something so small liddat was able to keep my mind occupied for a good half an hour! Hahaha…] Ohhhhh… and then just as I was about to ignore this matter… she stared into my eyes weii!! She just hadddd to do that larr… I was like, “Darn, why did she have to look at me liddat? And I could feel her eyes burn through my skin as if like, “Aiyoyoh… look at this heartless youngster… good for nothing. See a person like me also dowan get up!”

And then… “Bing Bong, Bing Bong” … the LRT doors open and it was my station!! Hahahaha… As I shoulder-grazed my way through the crowd, all I could think about was, “Sooo… is it offending ‘not, if a middle age person gets offered a seat in the LRT?” ‘Cause I watched this plastic surgery program once and there was a lady who decided to opt for plastic surgery when she was offered a seat in the train! Like damn! That was all it took mann… One younger person to offer her a seat in a public transport! Haiyoh, didn’t know a ride home in a train can be so “interesting”. Hah!

3 comments:

Primordialism Instrumentalism said...

Whoa...you started blogging too eh....

The LRT post is an interesting one...such situations have never occurred to me...probably because I'm asleep on the train always...

But you really write like Lydia Teh of "Honk if you're Malaysian" could consider authoring some culture gossip books....haha...

Blog on man!

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha... Thanks Jon.
Will do.

See you in bout 7 weeks yea!
Much love.

wan ming wai said...

haha... perfect example of keeping up with each other. it's actually very enlightening to know what goes thru ur mind ya noe? dis is a very good post... a situation that many of us have faced and we get to find out what you think in dat kinda situation. cool wei... i can also keep myself occupied for hours just by thinking of trivial stuff... hmm... what are my friends eating for dinner tonight? how high up from d ground would you have to jump to commit suicide properly? hahaha... crappy la my brain but it's functional n dats good enuf. haha...