Friday, January 11, 2008

Yaaozah!!

Popo stormed into the room, opened all the windows and woke me up then switched off the air-con before she left, “Ah Ru, qi lai larr! Qi tian duo liao larr!” (“Ru, get up! It’s 7-something already!”)

Had breakfast, blablablah… the usual…


First destination: My Hairdresser, Maria’s place.

Got there early. I went in straight… and wasn’t straight ‘nymore when I came out. Wheeeeeeeeh! Hahahahahahahahahahaa… (Hah! Bet some of ya’all were thinkin’ of the other kinda ‘straight’, in’it??) No! I’m not a homo… yet. Haha! =P Okay, so ‘nyways, got my hair done and was prepared to go see my ‘eye-lady’ next.


Second destination: My Optician, Pan Ow.

Got there at bout close to noon. Got my eyes checked. Got my lenses changed. And was told to return anytime after 1500 to collect my glasses. So, to wile time away, my grandparents decided to do a li’l shopping and go check out the ‘new’ place opposite Makhota ParadeDataran Pahlawan.


Third destination: Dataran Pahlawan.

Did a whole lotta walkin’ there. Help grandparents do their grocery shopping in the newly-opened Carrefour. Had lunch there. The claypot chicken rice (sa bo kai fan) with salted fish (ham yu… pronounced ‘yee’, ‘kay) was delectable. So we left after lunch which was about 1430. Still early larr, so Popo decided to go pick up her jars of kuih kapit.


Fourth destination: The Kuih Kapit maker, Ah Ing’s place.

Ooooooo… the kuih kapits which grandma’s friend, Ah Ing, makes are fantabulous! They’re so thick and so creamy. (Horr Yi Lin, horr??) Those of you who have tasted it over at my home oughtta know too. Hehehe… And wow, all that ‘kuih magic’ happens in her cozy home in Tengkera. “Mm mmm good!”


Got my glasses from the optician a li’l before 1500 and headed back home.
Day went by… dawdled around til dinner.
Went to bed early that night. Slept after I sent out a few text messages.

No comments: