Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Temasek Polytechnic

Before I arrived in Singapore, ‘College Scouting’ was already on my itinerary list. “So, the problem?” Well, I didn’t exactly know where to begin and how to get myself to those places. I initially had planned for myself to get lost in Singapore but that obviously didn’t happen larr—thankfully.

When I arrived, I WAS a li’l lost. I didn’t know which way to go and to make matters worse, my phone refused to get reception. Thus, I couldn’t contact anybody for help. So I stood by a wall and began waving my arm up and down whilst holding my cellphone in hope for at least ONE bar of reception. In the end, I came off as a lost little girl who was somewhat “coo-coo-in-the-brains”! …which ultimately led to a nice Malaysian-born gentleman who has been staying in Singapore for 8 years to come to my rescue. He saw larr right that I OBVIOUSLY didn’t know where I was and or where to go next and like offered me help. He was kinda like my only option so I decided to ‘bravely’ except his help and go with the flow. THANKFULLY he WAS indeed a nice person who directed me to a place with people, public phones and transportation. (So you seee… there ARE still good people in this horrible world! But yalar, I mean Singapore is generally a safe(r) place. (Safer than Malaysia larr ‘nyway.))

Finally, got home safe. (Pheww!) Got comfy… yadaa, yadaa, yadaa.


Wooooohoooooooo! Day 2! Follow Joanna to school and visit Temasek Polytechnic (TP) Day! Gratefully, Joanna allowed me to tag along with her to school that day—hehe. We left earlier than usual to grab a bite together before she headed off for class.

Breakfast!!

Her class began at 0900 and will end at 1200. That left me with 3 hours of dawdling around the campus to gather all the information I needed about the course(s) I’m interested in.

Joanna is in Design School. So after sending her off, I walked pass these bins which I thought were worth blogging about.

Them bins...

Ooo.. me likey this one! Horsey-bin! Hehe...

I mean, they are just bins to us. Things we use to put our rubbish bags in BUT to these students, they see it as an item that can be transformed into A-R-T. "Interesting sial!"

TP is a nice place. It’s roomy, conducive and easily accessed by public transport (bus which leads you to the train after a few stops).

The overhead bridge linking the bus stand to TP.

TP has triangles!! Very interesting landscaping I must say.

TP is the only Polytechnic in Singapore that has a Reservoir in its backyard.

The bus ride with Joanna was fun… Heck, anything we do together is fun… always had some laughter in ‘em.

Bus ride picture!

*smile*

No comments: